- This event has passed.
March 31 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$110
Keeping a journal is one of the most effective ways to explore thoughts and ideas as well as a place to store visual concepts. Even more satisfying are journals that you make yourself, stamped with your own personality and made using your own creative flair.
In this 4hr workshop you will learn how to hand make a hardcover journal from start to finish, using the case binding technique and choosing gorgeous papers from our huge selection. You will take home a finished A5 hardcover bound journal to keep for yourself or to give as a gift.
You will learn:
- About bookbinding equipment & paper grain direction
- Measuring & cutting cover boards, spine & spacer
- Collating, marking up & hole punching of pages
- Hand sewing and gluing up of signatures
- How to make a hardcover, applying endpapers & casing in
- Adding ribbons or decoration to your books
All materials and Afternoon tea provided