Mothers Day Class – Photo Album Making
May 12 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$110
Photo Album Making Class for Mother's Day
Looking for something unique and fun to do with your Mum or Grandmother this Mother’s Day? Why not take the ladies on a nostalgic trip back in time and enjoy bonding together over craft, music and afternoon tea?
At Pixie Paper, we will be doing exactly that! In our beautiful studio, we will be putting on the old-time tunes, enjoying tea and scones and handmaking our own photo album. Your host Cherie, will teach you how to make your own photo album from start to finish, using Japanese binding techniques and choosing gorgeous papers and ribbons from our huge selection.
You will take home a finished A4 Photo Album that can fit up to 76 photo’s and which can also be used like a scrapbook. Once home, you can book in another fun date with the ladies, where you fill your albums together with your nostalgic photos and memories. Pop the photo album on a stand in your living room or bedroom and you will have a beautiful piece of art that you and others can enjoy anytime.
In this 4hr workshop you will learn how to make your own photo album from start to finish, using the Japanese stab binding technique and choosing gorgeous papers from our huge selection. You will take home a finished A4 Japanese bound Photo Album.
You will learn:
- Measuring & cutting cover boards & making hinges
- Collating pages & applying end papers
- Making the covers & hole drilling
- Decorative Japanese stitching technique
- How to add embellishments – photo frames, hearts & decorative touches.
- All the materials needed to make your own hardcover journal
- You can choose the papers you want to use form our wide range
- Afternoon Tea & unlimited tea, coffee supplied
- Inspiring music
- Work in our gorgeous, colourful studio
- Small class size of 6